Polymer Clay Pumpkin Necklace

I love pumpkins. I love their color, they taste good, and they're fun to carve. I wanted to make a pumpkin necklace to showcase my love of the fruit (isn't it crazy that it's a fruit!) and this was the result.



The cord is waxed linen cord. I wanted the top of the pumpkin to be the focus and face out so I drilled a hole on the back of the piece to put the cord through. The little curly stem is a piece of copper wire.

I finished the piece with nail polish to make it shiny, which is now not recommended for finishing polymer clay. Nail polish tends to react poorly with some formulations of polymer clay and makes the clay degrade and become soft and sticky. Luckily, 2 1/2 years later and this project isn't sticky, but I use other ways of finishing polymer clay now.

No comments:

Post a Comment